Stripping Pride before God


“So when the Lord saw that he turned aside to look,
God called to him from the midst of the bush and said,
“Moses, Moses!” And he said, “Here I am.”
Then He said,
“Do not draw near this place.
Take your sandals off your feet,
for the place where you stand is holy ground."
Exodus 3:4-5

Wearing a linen ephod,
David was dancing before the LORD with all his might.
2 Samuel 6:14

"I will become even more undignified than this,
and I will be humiliated in my own eyes.
But by these slave girls you spoke of,
I will be held in honor.”
2 Samuel 6:22

1) Why did God asked Moses to remove his sandals?
2) What got Holiness and Holy Ground to do with removing sandals?

(In today's modern times, internal issues of the heart carries more value than external factor,
what got fashion got to do with issue of the heart?)

When King David leapt and danced before God, his wife despised him.
She despised him because he worshiped God in a manner where he had disregarded himself of the status of King - wearing a linen ephod and danced with all his might.

She greeted him sarcastically,
“How the king of Israel has distinguished himself today,
going around half-naked in full view of the slave girls of his servants as any vulgar fellow would!”

But King David replied,
“It was before the LORD, who chose me rather than your father or anyone from his house when he appointed me ruler over the LORD’s people Israel
I will celebrate before the LORD.
I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes. But by these slave girls you spoke of, I will be held in honor.”

3) How much are we willing to be undignified before God
in giving our praises & worship before God?

I had seen pastors & leaders hide behind their honor and status
that becomes a stumbling block as to worship God freely.

They feel that raising hands, clapping and singing unto God is not orderly in church setting.
It's like a taboo of what people might think of me or laugh at me for my disorderly behavior.

Stripping before God is not becoming nude
rather its coming to God by putting away
all the hierarchy and titles that puffs up a person with pride.

It is like: I am King - how can I worship God with commoners?
I am a pastor - how can I worship God with these people lower than me?

It is only when the storms of life tear of a person
of their idols and treasures, when their heart is ripped off
because of trials, tribulations, pain & sufferings.

Only then,
they will humble themselves and pray and seek His face and turn from their wicked ways,
then will God hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Would you rather wait for circumstances and troubles to come and humble you?
Or rather humble ourselves and worship God now and safe the whole trouble?

Sometimes, the troubles don't come.
It is not the sign then only trouble comes, so shall you seek God.

Remember the Parable of Lazarus and the Rich man.
There was no warning.
It was judgement and punishment after the end of life.
No redemption, no warning.

How you live determines whether you reap the rewards or punishment for eternity.
Therefore, Let us humble ourselves before God and Worship Him.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Near Death Experience

True Worshippers

Introduction